Job Location: De Soto,KS,United States
Company Name: Merck
Date Posted: 2019-10-21
Valid Through: 2019-11-20
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Estimated Salary: $12.26 PER HOUR
Job ID: 558
Our Senior Regional Sales Manager interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consult to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively with Field Sales Teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model.
The Senior Regional Manager will supervise a team of Sales Representatives working with large cattle production operations focusing on Beef, Dairy, Vet practices, and Animal Health Distribution Networks. Position will be responsible for coaching and developing the team with emphasis on strategic planning and enhancing the business to business relationship between our Animal Health Division and the customer base. The candidate will be expected to develop relationships with key decision makers within the customer base.
• Manages, trains, coaches and provides direction to a sales team; works to build cohesive team by hiring and making appropriate promotional recommendations. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback; conducts formal and informal performance reviews, and managing employee relations issues with the team.
• Recognizes employee success and communicates to the team providing constructive feedback.
• Proficient at solving conflict.
• Coordinates all sales efforts within the assigned region. Maintains knowledge of key customers in all sales territories. Prepares and implements a comprehensive regional business plan, ensuring consistent product program implementation and sales goal attainment.
• Make recommendations for sales coverage, distribution, utilization of Tech Services, consultants and all other factors affecting sales volume within the region.
• Relay to Sales Director information from Field Sales Reps as to customer sales potential.
• Help plan, make arrangements for, and execute regional sales meetings required to optimize sales effort.
• Keep the Animal Health Division management informed of competitive activities, industry trends, etc.
• Assist the Sales Director in developing marketing plans, business and sales plans and all other factors affecting sales volume within the region.
• Attend conventions, handle exhibits, and plan for booth coverage for conventions within the sales region.
• Coordinate Tech Service needs within the region to optimize sales.
• Manage expenses for the region to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• This position will supervise a team of 8-10 direct reports who are responsible for revenues in excess of $30M
This position will manage the Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana region.
Education Minimum Requirement
• Bachelor Degree (Animal Science, Agribusiness, Marketing, or Business degrees preferred)
Required Experience and Skills
• Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience with at least 5 years sales experience.
• Must have a solid understanding of the agriculture industry. Cattle experience is preferred.
• Will be expected to offer a high level of proficiency and demonstrate success regarding: Technical, Product & Market Knowledge; Territory & Business Management; Selling Skills; and Leadership and Team building
• Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must have demonstrated ability in public speaking to small and large audiences.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Marketing, People Management and/or Strategic Account Management.
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred but is not required.
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings: 1