Job Location: Charlotte,NC,United States
Company Name: Flexential
Date Posted: 2019-10-22
Valid Through: 2019-11-21
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Estimated Salary: $85,706 PER YEAR
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Investing in their people, they have an exciting opportunity for a Linux System Administrator in the Charlotte, NC area to join the team!
The Linux System Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide a superior customer experience through planning improvement projects, monitoring, troubleshooting, and proactive incident resolution for internal systems. You will work in an operational capacity as well as a consultative capacity for new systems and tools. It is important to have an in-depth knowledge of current systems with an eye for the future.
A strong combination of technical administration, troubleshooting, communication and documentation skills are vital to the Linux System Administrator’s success!
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable concise and clear updates to customer service requests and incidents in a prompt manner
• Identify recurring incidents within the environment and determine the need to escalate to the appropriate technical resources, ensuring resolution of more complex issues
• Collaborate with business units and teammates to determine improvement areas for capabilities and processes
• Engage customers in a professional manner, resolving requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership
• Be a team player focused on collective improvement and growth
• Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of Company technology solutions to support incident management within customer environments, including incident response across the following areas: Linux & Microsoft OS, Cisco devices, Fortinet product suite, CommVault backup solutions, solid understanding of cloud technologies and SaaS products, Disaster Recovery systems, and security
• Responsible for Certificate Management and Domain name management
• Adhere to the Companies Core Values (Customer-centric, Collaborative, Caring, Competitive, Committed, Fun, Bold, Honest, Innovative)
• Active Directory and Single-sign on management
• Minimum 6 years of experience working in an IT Support environment
• 2-3 years supporting Linux servers in an enterprise environment
• 1+ years working with Windows server technology
• AA, BS and/or actively pursuing and advanced degree in the technology field
• Network +, Security + and / or CCNA desired
• Microsoft MCP or MCSA preferred
• Microsoft O365 and Exchange online
• Use of command line tools such as CMD, Telnet, SSH, GIT, and SCP (Powershell, Bash or VBScript language skills is a plus