Job Location: Columbus, OH
Company Name: Excel Management Systems
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-16
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45233
We seek the “best in the business” – entrepreneurial thinkers who can recognize opportunities and are never satisfied with anything less than excellence. EXCEL provides its team members the opportunity to do interesting, challenging work, contribute to team success, have fun, grow, develop, and be appropriately rewarded for accomplishments. EXCEL has 30 years of experience in the Federal, State, and Commercial markets. EXCEL is an IT Solutions Management Company that transforms businesses through a combination of technology and management best practices. How companies manage their people, processes, and tools is mission critical, which is why EXCEL maps out and implements innovative solutions that make it easier for information to get to who needs it, in the form they want it, when they need it. Our goal is to guide our clients towards solutions that increase profit by increasing efficiency, helping relieve the worry and burden that often accompanies running a successful business. EXCEL focuses in the areas of systems optimization, network solutions, cyber-security, and infrastructure support.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. A key element of this role involves the proficient use of QuickBooks Accounting System. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior leadership team, as well as internal and external customers which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the daily banking requirements.
• Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Generate and distribute monthly receivables and profitability reports.
• Supports budget and forecasting activities.
• Monitor, document and analyze Accounting tasks and duties to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Responds to inquiries from the Chief Financial Officer regarding financial results, special reporting and ad hoc financial analysis requests on an as needed basis.
• Work with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Support Chief Financial Officer with special projects and workflow process improvements.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliation, as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
• Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
• Prepare state/ local sales and business tax returns.
• Provide year-end support of CPA and/or auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliation.
• BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA is a plus.
Technical Skills And Prior Experience
• Seven to ten years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
• Experience working in a corporate organization and/or a firm engaged in government contract work is preferred.
• Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
• Proficient with QuickBooks accounting system.
• Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
• Ability to employ problem-solving skills and analysis.
• The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the Chief Financial Officer
Keywords: Account Manager, Accountant, Accountant Manager, Accounting Manager/Supervisor, Accounting Supervisor