Job Location: Denver, CO
Company Name: Community College of Denver
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-16
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45267
Adjunct Instructor for Journalism
The successful Journalism adjunct instructor candidate will be qualified for a CTE credential in Journalism within the Colorado Community College System. The requirements for this credential include at least 4000 hours of verified occupational (non-teaching) experience in journalism within the last seven years, OR a bachelor’s degree (or higher) with 2000 hours of verified occupational experience in journalism within the past seven years.
To be eligible to instruct JOU 105: Introduction to Mass Media (a statewide Guaranteed Transfer course) the applicant must meet the above requirements AND the candidate must have a Master’s degree in journalism, media studies, or communication, OR a related Master’s degree and at least 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline to be taught.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. Previous experience teaching in a community college setting is preferred.
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Interested applicants must submit a complete application packet at https://ccdcareers.silkroad.com/ which includes:
• Electronic Application, Click ‘New Resume’ at the bottom of this page
• Cover Letter
• References – Names, phone numbers, addresses, & email addresses of three professional references
• Copies of transcripts, unofficial preferred
• Copies of appropriate credentials, if applicable
• All included attachments should be saved with the following nomenclature: Last name, First name Document; for example Doe, John Resume; Doe, Jane Transcripts
• Your resume should clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications. Those applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Part-time experience is ½ the equivalent of full-time experience. Example: Four (4) years applicable part-time experience equals 2 years full-time equivalency.
You will only be able to upload five (5) documents. Please send any document for your application that is over the allotted amount to CCDEmployment@ccd.edu. You will not be able to save your application and resume at another time. The system will time out after 45 minutes.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority. The Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors, and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: http://www.ccd.edu/ccd.nsf/html/WEBB87SQ2T-Student+Right+to+Know. For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.
Keywords: Journalism Adjunct Instructor, Adjunct Pool - Journalism Instructor, Journalism Adjunct Faculty, Journalism & Communication Assistant Professor, Journalism Instructor