Job Location: Denver, CO
Company Name: University of Denver
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-16
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45351
Enrich the University of Denver’s global prominence and community impact through excellence in innovative Facilities Services.
Through exceptional customer service, we provide sustainable stewardship to the university community that creates an engaging and thriving environment to learn, live, teach and work.
• *Core Values**
• **Stewardship:**We effectively use all resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidences and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
• **Teamwork:**We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
• **Professionalism:**We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and support DU’s mission and work to fulfill its vision, mission, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
• **Service: **We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, and internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of DU and strive to perform to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, or responsibilities.
• **Integrity: **We accept responsibility for the University’s and public’s trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed on us as stewards of the University’s facility related resources.
• **Excellence:**We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
• **Engagement:**We seek to “tell our story” through collaboration, communication, and inclusion with the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the university through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.
• *Position Summary**
This position performs skilled work in the electrical trade area. This is a master level position which works with little or no supervision. May also perform tasks in other trades to a limited degree depending on the job at hand.
• *Essential Functions**
• Lays out, installs and repairs wired fixtures, and equipment in making extensions, additions, or alterations in electrical service for power, HVAC and lighting systems.
• Tests, replaces and repairs components of defective or worn out electrical systems and equipment such as motors, pumps, generators, boiler controls, scoreboards and other items.
• Traces and locates defects in various types of electrical equipment.
• Installs, alters, maintains and repairs electrical systems, appliances, and electrical devices.
• Works on electrical systems that are 600 volts or less.
• Provides estimates of material, time and labor; may order electrical supplies.
• Reads and interprets plans and wiring diagrams of electrical equipment and installations.
• Drives and operates the bucket truck.
• Work with mobile/handheld device.
• Available for emergencies and overtime when needed.
• Drives to sites with tools and equipment.
• Instructs and leads lesser skilled tradesmen.
• *Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
• Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, co-workers and other staff and faculty within the community.
• Basic math skills required.
• Ability to follow detailed procedures.
• Employee responds to situations requiring immediate attention.
Other Skills And Abilities
• Competency in electrical fields/functions.
• Knowledge of standardized work routines and the ability to follow or give oral/written instructions involving a number of steps.
• Capable of making cost estimates of time and material.
• Knowledge of all types of electrical equipment and standard methods, practices, tools and materials of the electrical trade.
• Understanding of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions of the trade, electrical codes and principles of practical electricity.
• Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations and be able to effectively communicate regulations to others.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions of the trade, electrical codes, and principles of practical electricity.
• Expert skill, competency and knowledge in electrical fields/functions.
• Knowledge of all types of electrical equipment and standard methods, practices, tools and materials of the electrical trade
• *Required Qualifications**
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Licensed by State of Colorado as a Master Electrician
• Trained in safety methods.
Please Note, This Position Also Requires
• Valid Colorado driver’s license and insurable by the University of Denver Insurance Carrier.
• Must Pass a Pre-Placement Physical
• *Preferred Qualifications**
• Familiar working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software, including WebTMA or similar work order system.
• The starting rate for this position is $28.45 hourly, with scheduled increases up to $31.42 hourly after 3.5 years.
• *Work Schedule**
• Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m, typical, potential for nights and weekends as needed. Periodic rotating schedule 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• *Application Deadline**
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) April 19, 2019
• *Special Instructions**
Candidates must apply online through www.du.jobs.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please Include The Following Documents With Your Application
• Resume with License Information
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
• *All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check, MVR, and physical test.**
• Job no:* 492285
• Work type:* Staff Full-Time
• Location:* Denver, CO
• Categories:* Maintenance / Grounds / Skilled Trades
• Advertised:* April 01, 2019
• Applications close:* Open until filled
Keywords: Journeyman Electrician, Electrician, Apprentice Electrician, HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICIAN, NAVY LODGE MAINTENANCE WORKER