Job Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Company Name: Oakmont Senior Living
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45255
Oakmont Senior Living is opening a luxury senior living community in Huntington Beach, Oakmont of Huntington Beach. Oakmont of Huntington Beach is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with breathtaking views, industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, the arts, and world-class entertainment. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
Why Should You Choose a Career With Oakmont
• Family Owned
• 401K Retirement plan and Life insurance
• Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
• $2000 Scholarship Program
• Emergency Family Fund
• Career Growth, Relocation and Travel Opportunities
Position Mission: The Activity Director is responsible for all programming, organizing, scheduling, budgeting, promoting, facilitating and directing the activities and excursions for the Community in order to enhance the residents’ independence and quality of life, in accordance with company’s mission, vision, and values.
• Provide interesting, creative and rewarding social atmosphere throughout the Community and promoting resident participation through regularly scheduled high-quality activities, excursions, special events, guest speakers, movie showings, exercise sessions, the establishment of clubs, games, art and creativity opportunities, educational classes and other such activities.
• Actively engage in residents’ activities through personally leading activities and encouraging resident participation in all activities, excursion, and special events.
• Recruit, develop, manage and schedule Activity Assistants, Drivers, and Community Volunteers.
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
• Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Requires current Class C, prefer either a Class B or Class C license with Passenger Endorsement.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in providing planned activities and knowledge in evaluating residents’ needs.
• Prefer one (1) year experience supervising and managing employees and volunteers
• Flexibility in work schedule as evidenced by working holidays, evenings, weekends and additional shifts when necessary to ensure adequate coverage within the department.
• Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint etc.)
• Must pass a criminal background check before beginning work.
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs
Keywords: Activities Director, Activity Assistant, Activities Assistant, Activities Coordinator, Camp Activity Specialist/Instructor