Job Location: Memphis, TN
Company Name: Alliance Heathcare Services
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45353
CRISIS SPECIALIST II
(2 Licensed Master’s Level Crisis Assessor per shift )
Located at Crisis Walk-In center
Primary responsibility to respond to assessments in the field and homes.
FULL TIME SHIFTS AVAILABLE:
• Option 1: 7a-7p Saturday, Sunday, Monday
• Option 3: 7a-7p Saturday, Sunday, Monday
• Option 4: 7p-7a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday
• Option 5: 7p-7a Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday
• Option 6: 7a-7a Saturday, Sunday, Thursday
PART TIME SHIFT AVAILABLE:
Option 7: 7p-7a Fridays
GENERAL FUNCTION: The person occupying this position provides direct services to individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis, participates in the delivery of crisis services to those individuals, and performs other responsibilities as assigned by senior staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED TRAINING: Masters Degree in Human Services related field with a License also in the State of Tennessee in a Human Services related field with experience working in a mental health setting. Ability to work effectively in a crisis service delivery setting dealing with individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Ability to use mature judgment in problem resolution and to formulate appropriate crisis intervention strategies for Center clients. The person must be able to demonstrate self-motivation, and excellent communication skills, and ability to work well with others. The person must be a good listener, possess the ability to be supportive, and be able to help others to achieve a feeling of well-being.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts telephone crisis assessment of callers to determine appropriate crisis response.
2. Performs mental health assessments on individuals experiencing a mental health crisis both in the Center and in the field, and makes a determination of an appropriate disposition for the individual assessed.
3. Arranges for admission to inpatient facilities, CSU, Crisis Respite, residential treatment facilities, etc. Completes required pre-certifications with the individual’s insurance company for these admissions.
4. Must be qualified through degree/license/training to perform Mandatory Prescreening Assessments, and completes a Certificate of Need for involuntary inpatient admissions.
5. Records caller and response information in the Center’s database.
1. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor(s) to meet the needs of the consumer and AHS.
PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS: In order to appropriately accomplish his/her duties, the person occupying this position will be required to maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of professional clinical staff and the clients of Alliance Healthcare Services.
Salary range: $46,000- 58,000+ shift differential
AHS has 6 NHSC site locations
Licensed staff (LCSW & LPC) may be eligible for student loan forgiveness
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail resume to:
ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Human Resources – Crisis Specialist
2220 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
or fax resume to:
“Your Partner in Healthcare
Keywords: Crisis Counselor, Crisis Worker, Direct Care Worker, Mobile Crisis Worker, Senior Crisis Worker/Crisis Worker