Job Location: New York, NY
Company Name: Berkeley College
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45269
Berkeley College is seeking highly qualified and motivated instructors to teach Health Services Administration and to support its vision of becoming the college of choice for students pursuing lifelong success in dynamic careers.
Berkeley College has a diverse student population across its New York and New Jersey locations.
• Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. within 24 hours including one day during the weekend.
• Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing USDLA Quality Standards, Quality Matters, and Blackboard Exemplary effective practices.
• Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by Berkeley policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
• Comply with Berkeley guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
• Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
• Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled.
• Maintain ‘discipline’ knowledge by participating in one’s own discipline-related professional communities.
• Support Berkeley College initiatives and departments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who actively supports equal access for all people, and we consider applicants for all positions regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, Gender, Age, National Origin, Marital or Veteran Status, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other legally protected status.
• A Master’s degree and other appropriate credentials, if applicable
• Demonstrated success in teaching at an institution of higher education
• A willingness to travel and teach at multiple campuses across NY and NJ, if applicable
• An ability to teach classes during the day, the evening and/or the weekend
• Experience using technology and interactive electronic materials to support teaching and learning
• Experience using a Learning Management System such as Blackboard
Keywords: Assistant Professor (Teaching) in Public Policy, Adjunct Instructor in Public Policy and Management Methods, Lecturer/Faculty Advisor, Dissertation Committee Members (Chairs And Readers), Public Administration Teacher