Job Location: New York, NY
Company Name: Beam Living (A Blackstone Portfolio Company)
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45395
Beam Living, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a vertically integrated Real Estate management company that creates, manages, and supports communities throughout New York City.
We are focused on being both a great place to work and to live. We are part of a very competitive NYC residential real estate market and need a very talented team to deliver on our promises to residents and to communicate to the world why they should live in our communities.
We are looking for someone to join our Recreation & Events Team in the role of Seasonal Recreation Assistant. If you are interested in facilitating amazing residential recreation experiences, as we take care of our residents today and reshape communities to attract the resident of the future, then maybe you should join us.
Only read further if you are:
• Someone who cares about building a great place for people to live and work.
You should be:
• A helper who believes that serving others and making them happy is the number one priority. Always.
• A problem solver who can think on the spot and deal with curve balls.
• An independent team-mate who works well with others and works just as well on their own.
• An executor who is passionately committed to excellence and will relentlessly pursue the team’s goals.
• A creative who believes that if we do something, we should do it better than anyone.
• Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
• Maintain sports facilities, playgrounds and equipment, replenishing supplies as needed and reporting any adverse conditions.
• Oversee resident adherence to resident-guest policy, noise and other enforceable rules and regulations, playground guidelines for birthday parties.
• Be a host that inspires participation, leading activities with energy and enthusiasm.
• Engage with residents, learn names, connect residents to one another, help to build lifelong relationships.
What you should have:
• At least 2+ years previous knowledge and experience within the recreation, activities/events industry.
• Customer service and customer facing experience.
• The ability to connect and engage with others and communicate efficiently and effectively.
• Basic computer skills and technology knowledge.
• A desire to grow and take on ever-increasing responsibility.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go. We don’t have any “best place to work” awards, but that will change soon. Just watch.
Competitive pay and full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave. We have a CEO that will make fun of himself and would welcome you to come into his office and tell him he was wrong.
If any of that sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So, whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
A few of the people you will work with:
City Life Just Got Happier
Beam Living believes that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company. To further our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all employment decisions at Beam Living are based on individual qualifications, business needs and job requirements without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Keywords: Program Assistant, Assistant Program Specialist - Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation Therapist, Therapy Manager, Recreation Assistant