Job Location: Philadelphia,PA,United States
Company Name: Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Date Posted: 2019-07-22
Valid Through: 2019-08-21
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Estimated Salary: $17.33 PER HOUR
Job ID: 21908914
SUMMARY / PURPOSE: The Parish Service Specialist (PSS) provides assistance to Pastors, Principals, Business Managers and Parish Finance Councils on financial matters. The PSS reviews the Annual Financial Reports and Budgets of parishes and their elementary schools. In addition, the PSS reviews financial projections relating to capital projects and debt-service plans. The PSS assists parishes and schools experiencing financial difficulty to develop plans to address their financial situation. As required, the PSS visits parishes and schools to assist with their financial reports, budgets and other administrative issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles in a non-profit environment
• Demonstrated experience with financial reporting, controls and general accounting
• Knowledge of requirements for payroll processing and benefits administration
• Knowledge of internal control procedures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent computer skills and strong working experience with Microsoft Office (esp. Excel and Word)
• Experience with Quickbooks and Quicken preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree is required (Degree related to finance or accounting)
• At least three years of experience as an accountant in a business or non-profit environment, preparing financial reports and supporting ledgers and worksheets preferred
• Working experience in a church environment and knowledge of the Catholic Church will be a plus.
• Must be dependable, highly-organized and able to work independently
• Must have an attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and the capability to maintain confidentiality over parish information.
Tagged as: Accounting Analyst, Bachelor’s Degree, Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Quicken