Job Location: San Antonio,TX,United States
Company Name: Logistics Management Institute
Date Posted: 2019-07-22
Valid Through: 2019-08-21
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Estimated Salary: $13.23 PER HOUR
Job ID: 21908953
The QA/QC Data Specialist is responsible for developing and executing activities related to quality control and assurance activities. In addition, the QA/QC Data Specialist will actively collaborate with the project manager, supervisors and leads, to innovatively update and maintain deliverables throughout the scope of the project.
This position will provide a key role in designing and prototyping various dashboards and reports required for both routine and ad-hoc occurrences. Is expected to support quantitative and qualitative research and decision supports tools by writing and editing scripts, managing tables and patches and managing functionality and integrity of reporting and visualization solutions. This position is located in our San Antonio, TX office.
The QA/QC Data Specialist:
• Assesses, analyzes, and helps mitigate application and data related issues.
• Works with project team to maximize quality of deliveries before they are submitted to the client.
• Contributes towards initiatives that improve the consistency and quality of our products.
• Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, infrastructure needs, and design with internal partners and external clients.
• Draw upon a full range of Tableau features to design, develop, enhance and support Tableau visualizations including, but not limited to, highly interactive dashboards, scorecards and reports.
• Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
• Effectively utilize features and Best Practices of Tableau and visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products.
• Create and maintain technical design documentation.
• Identify and resolve dashboard related issues.
• Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems Management, Data Science, Data Analytics or related area and one (1) year of progressively responsible related experience or equivalent experience / training (strongly preferred).
• Requires general knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques; statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of common organization-specific computer application programs; knowledge of organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data.
• Experience of BI and analytical tools (preferably Tableau building, implementing, and supporting complex visualizations), 1+ years.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and structure research that simplify these concepts.
• Strong cross-cultural communication, collaboration, and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Tableau certification a plus.
Applicants for this position may be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible to obtain security clearances