Job Location: San Antonio,TX,United States
Company Name: USAA
Date Posted: 2019-07-22
Valid Through: 2019-08-21
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Estimated Salary: $44,789 PER YEAR
Job ID: 21908955
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Fraud Prevention and Detection Analyst for our San Antonio, Texas facility. Provides Detection Analysts with expert knowledge of fraud policies, processes, and systems as well as shares industry best practices to promote deepening of their business acumen. Provides support and advice for Detection Analysts with questions and concerns. Analyzes high risk financial and non-financial transactions and quickly detect and prevents fraudulent activities for a vast range of enterprise products and services. Actively participates in and sometimes leads knowledge sharing sessions with internal peers. Frequently prepares and presents cases of interest to department leaders.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Fraud Prevention & Detection Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
• ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
• Acts as Subject Matter Expert on a variety of fraud management tools and systems used to identify and investigate suspicious financial and non financial activity on a vast range of products and services.
• Assists in providing business requirements for projects or process changes.
• Responsible for researching and providing detailed analysis in a timely manner to the appropriate area in the appropriate format.
• Uses a variety of fraud management tools and systems to identify and investigate suspicious financial and non financial activity on a vast range of products and services.
• Assists Detection Analysts with escalated member calls.
• Initiates contact with members to review suspicious activity; and if necessary, takes appropriate actions to mitigate the risk and protect the member’s assets.
• May assist teammates with difficult calls.
• Possesses multi product, system, and/or process knowledge and effectively uses it to prevent, detect and mitigate fraudulent activity across multiple products and services.
• Proficiently utilizes appropriate tools and procedures to report confirmed fraud and associated trends and occasionally participates in working sessions with the strategy team to enhance existing alerts.
• Possesses extensive knowledge of the business, its products, and processes and actively provides improvement opportunities and recommended solutions to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of fraud prevention and detection.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to peers and serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
• Performs quality reviews and provides timely feedback to management.
• MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
• 6+ years of relevant work experience
• Ability to lead teams
• Proficient PC skills, Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Internet
• Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) preferred
• General knowledge of REG CC, REG E, REG T and/or REG Z
• General knowledge of Portal, Fidelity and Ecams systems
• Expert knowledge of fraud detection systems and methods
• Presentation skills both creating and delivering
• Demonstrated ability to influence business decisions
• Business acumen
• Demonstrate adaptability
• Drive for results
• Leadership skills
• The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time