Job Location: San Antonio,TX,United States
Company Name: AKAR Ventures
Date Posted: 2019-08-28
Valid Through: 2019-09-27
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Estimated Salary: $68,600 PER YEAR
Job ID: 1111114047
Environmental Scientist/Engineer - Subject Matter Expert, Remotely in the US and/or on site in San Antonio, TX, (ID#15204)
AKAR Ventures Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by AKAR Ventures, the economic engine of AKAR Ventures, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for AKAR Venturess today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
The Air Force Civil Engineering Center (AFCEC headquartered in San Antonio, TX, is responsible for providing responsive, flexible full-spectrum installation engineering services. AFCEC missions include facility investment planning, design and construction, operations support, real property management, energy support, environmental compliance and restoration, and audit assertions, acquisition and program management. The unit conducts its operations at more than 75 locations worldwide.
CNSP is looking for an Environmental Scientist/Engineer - Subject Matter Expert to support AFCEC's Environmental Restoration Technical Support Branch (CZTE) with several task areas involved with Performance Based Remediation (PBR) and Optimized Remediation Contracts (ORCs) as well as work under non-PBR task orders and contracts. These task areas include but not limited to:
• Post-Award Surveillance and Reviews
• Federal Remediation technology Roundtable Reviews
• Emerging Issues/Emerging Contaminants Programs Support
• Conceptual Site Model (CSM) Support
• Technical Training
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Expertise in support of Performance Based Remediation (PBR) contracts
• Expertise with review of Level 3 Complex Documents (e.g., engineering calculations, data analysis, mass balances, performance indicators, mass flux and discharge estimates, and checks on retardation and rebound phenomena)
• Expertise compiling relevant data to conduct Critical Process Analysis (CPA) evaluation to determine remediation system effectiveness
• Expertise conducting Complex Site Investigations (CSIs) to validate remedial strategies and technologies implemented as part of PBR or other site restoration contracts
• Expertise supporting advanced high-characterization conceptual site model (CSM) projects
· This position will not have any supervisory or management authority
Education and/or Experience:
• Candidates must have a PhD from an accredited ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.) university in Engineering, Chemistry, Geology, Hydrogeology, Physical or Life Science, or other related field is required.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in environmental restoration accomplished under the Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
• A significant portion of environmental restoration experience shall be with the Air Force Environmental Restoration Program (ERP) within the last three (3) years.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• The selected candidate may be required to travel for onsite visits on USAF military installations in TX and or in any other state where site visits are required
• Experience conducting effective technical presentations to management and professional/tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders.
• Recognized industry and thought leader for your given area of expertise.
• An exceptional level of professional accomplishment as recognized by national and international professional organizations or national award recognition.
• Elected Fellow or Distinguished Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Chemical Society (ACS), American Geophysical Union (AGU), or National Ground Water Association (NGWA) highly desired.
• Knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations (RCRA/CERCLA), Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP) and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• Experience interacting with state and federal environmental regulatory agencies.
• Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Candidates are required to be a U.S. Citizen and have a current and active DOD government security clearance (NACI) or have the ability to obtain one. Visa sponsorships of any type will not be considered due to the clients requirements.
• Selected applicants will be subject to a U.S. Federal Government background/security investigation, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and must be able to favorably pass a complete drug screen.
• Will be able to work remotely from within CONUS but there will be times where site visits are required.
• Demonstrated experience managing technical teams to include work load distribution and timely deliverable submittals
• Proficiency in organizing and gathering project data, conducting analysis, preparing reports and providing recommendations
• Experience in environmental chemistry and laboratory performance evaluations
• Experience modeling environmental remediation systems (fate and transport of environmental contaminants)
• Experience with assessing chemicals or materials as emerging issues/emerging contaminants
· This position is primarily performed, federal office setting in a controlled office environment and/or on a secured US military installation.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, AKAR Ventures' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies are well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider AKAR Ventures and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision