Job Location: San Jose, CA
Company Name: Velodyne Lidar, Inc.
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-16
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45401
Provide leadership in the accounts payable function and to the accounting operations
Design, implement and maintain effective accounts payable and accounting policies and procedures and controls (“SOX-like” quality)
Provide expertise on the processing, recording, and reporting of accounts payable transactions; review vendor invoices, vendor setup,1099 reporting, and general ledger reports to ensure proper coding.
Manage all vendor wire payments including setup and validating wire template in various bank accounts prior to payment and follow up with vendor to ensure all necessary bank information is obtain
Manage the accounts payable monthly close process (calendar, reviews, reconciliations, analysis, reporting)
Be accountable for the accuracy and timeliness accounts payable function worldwide including, design, implement and maintain informative accounts payable reports to meet the needs of the business.
Assist finance with accounting and accounts payable related matters
Develop financial system solutions and requirements for new application or enhancements.
Assist with the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
Drive to continuously improve the accounts payable and accounting process
Ad-hoc projects as necessary
• Degree in accounting or finance with understanding of US GAAP
• Minimum of seven years of experience in accounts payable and accounting related functions
• Minimum of five years managing accounts payable staff
• Electronics or manufacturing industry experience strongly preferred
• Accounting experience in a multi-country/currency or publicly-traded company preferred
• Strong financial systems background (Netsuite)
• Ability to mine, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data (Excel, Access, SQL)
• Must be able to work cross functionally in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
• Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with senior and functional department managers
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Strong time management and organizational skills
Keywords: Commercial Sales Specialist - Energy, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Accounts Payable Clerk, Specialist, Cyber Security Compliance, Energy Solutions Specialist