Job Location: Seattle, WA
Company Name: Charlie's Produce
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45325
Charlie’s Produce – Who We Are
Charlie’s Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Inbound Logistics Coordinator
Monday – Friday, 9:30am– 6:00pm, Alternating Saturdays
Coordinate inbound freight deliveries. Monitor and provide necessary instructions to carriers and drivers.. Other duties as assigned by current Logistics Manager
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
• Work with purchasing daily to coordinate pickups and dispatch carriers/drivers.
• Monitor loading process at the pickup points to assure timely arrival of product.
• Communicate with Purchasing in regards to all truck issues on a daily basis.
• Provide assistance with any issues related to inbound transportation.
• Troubleshoot any problems on loads such as incorrect pickup #’s, phone #’s and product quantities.
• Ability to cube trucks while maximizing capacity of trailers and keeping trucks within legal weight.
• Knowledge of proper temps to run trucks with different produce commodities.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
• Competitive starting pay
• 90 day performance-based raise
• Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
• We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
• Employer-covered College Program
• Coverage under State Sick Leave
• 401(k) available
• Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and visionQualifications
• Prior Logistics and Dispatch preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must exercise initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making.
• Organized, detail and goal oriented.
• Ability to use time productively, efficiently, and meet challenging work goals.
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
• Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Extensive knowledge of West Coast geography, shipping points, lane management, within the states of CA, AZ, TX, WA, and OR.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
All new hire must pass a pre-employment drug test.
Charlie’s Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Logistics Coordinator, Coordinator, Outbound Logistics Coordinator, Domestic Transportation Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator I