Job Location: Seattle, WA
Company Name: University of Washington
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45331
Req #: 167996
Department: SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Posting Date: 05/28/2019
Closing Info: Closes On 06/11/2019
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Limited Recruitment: Open to UW Employees only
If you are a UW employee and would like to be considered for this position, please login to your UW employee profile to apply.
Shift: First Shift
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for five consecutive years.
UW Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for an Information Manager.
Reporting to the Interim Chief Compliance Officer, the Information Manager (IM) provides project management and analytical expertise to the development, implementation, and maintenance of information associated with the UW Medicine Compliance program, including policies, regulations, procedures, workplans, audits, complaints, inquiries, education and training enrollment and completion data, and risk assessments.
The IM will work closely with constituent groups through the UW and UW Medicine health system to include but not limited to healthcare compliance experts, leaders and managers throughout the enterprise, learning management system administrators, user representatives, other ITS teams, operations staff, and other project team members to initiate projects; analyze business processes and data; develop user requirements and functional specification; plan and direct configuration and functional testing; develop and maintain project plans, schedules, and other project management documents; plan and direct project implementation work; and support the operational departments to improve associated applications.
The IM will work closely with clients, customers and other team members to analyze business processes and data, develop user requirements and functional specifications, plan and direct development and business intelligence testing and prepare reports on data products and results for the UW Medicine Compliance executive leadership team including the Interim CCO/AVPMA, Directors and Team Leads of UW Medicine Compliance.
As the IM, key responsibilities include defining and managing a broad range of activities including, but not limited to: data intelligence; project management and coordination; requirements gathering and implementation; identifying and managing information management team issues, risks and decisions; ensuring quality team deliverables and outcomes; managing stakeholder participation and ownership of the efforts and acquisitions; development and maintenance of compliance information.
This position provides advice and counsel to the UW Medicine Compliance leadership in the area of data analysis, reporting, internet/intranet/network, etc., in support of the compliance unit workplan and goals. Working relationships must be established and productively maintained with operational department managers and senior leaders in key customer groups within UW Medicine.
The incumbent must think tactically and strategically, attend to details and follow up on project requirements; work collaboratively with others in an effective manner to facilitate problem solving; communicate effectively orally, in writing and graphically; facilitate teams and groups to achieve results; recommend, improve or create new processes to support collection of data or enhancements used by the department.
Ability to provide guidance and to independently manage/review/analyze related work flows to determine impact to the Department’s overall project plan, goals and priorities; ability to analyze coordination of compliance related operations with internal and external units; and ability report to leadership and make analytically based and supported recommendations.
The incumbent must be highly successful with a very broad range of autonomy and oversight; perform critical analysis and articulate recommendations in a synthesized and clear manner.
The incumbent must utilize qualitative and quantitative data points to help maintain the focus and direction of the unit.
Position is responsible for synthesizing strategic vision to develop operational implementation of an information management systems by supporting business processes and guidelines, collecting, analyzing and providing qualitative and quantitative analysis, reporting, status updates, etc. for the entire the day-to-day datum-collection process of UW Medicine Compliance; and these effect the UW Medicine health system community as a whole, approximately 35,000+ volunteers, staff, physicians and faculty members.
Oversee production of all periodic information management reports executed with critical accuracy as these reports are broadly distributed, used and understood by all constituent groups. Output from these reports is used in education and training planning, quarterly risk assessment, strategic planning, quarterly and annual reports, etc., thus accuracy and efficiency is required.
• Develops a comprehensive, actionable and targeted business analysis capturing business workflows, communication and adoption measurement.
• Participate in the development of compliance data/activity tracking, analysis and reporting strategies Participate in data stewardship and data quality initiatives. Design data audit reports to proactively project issues with supportive E&T risk mitigation recommendations.
• Monitor compliance data & activity generate scheduled and adhoc reports used to enable leadership to measure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Access and appropriately utilize source documentation/references in order to analyze and respond to, or refer compliance inquiries and requests for information.
• May represent UW Medicine Compliance on institutional committees, workgroups and taskforces; may staff UW Med Compliance committees, coordinate process improvement projects, and lead implementation of new systems.
• Participate in the design, build and maintenance of information systems and databases designed to track and report compliance. Oversee the development/implementation of solutions including data, web, etc.
• Identify and coordinate the required relationships to utilize data sources throughout the UW Medicine enterprise, UW, and entity-specific tools.
• Develops process to collect required data from various sources to analyze and prepare reports for leadership’s strategic planning sessions.
• Develop and design information management dashboards that overlay and relay strategic goals juxtaposed status reports and recommended mitigation strategies.
• Develop and design structure to support UW Medicine Compliance goals.
Project Intake and Management
Facilitate the initiation and planning of projects for assigned areas. Ensure completion of standard deliverables, as appropriate. Fulfill roles of facilitator and task manager.
• Create projects plans and charters in consultation with subject matter experts.
• Facilitate the initiation and planning of projects for assigned areas. Ensure completion of standard deliverables as appropriate; and fulfill roles of facilitator and task manager.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of the strategic plan of the unit, and works to advance it through all project negotiations.
• Obtains client requirements, memorializes project goals, identifies scope, and outlines constraints along with risk mitigation strategies.
• Develops, memorializes and track project plans, workplans, and communication plans to support multiple UW Medicine Compliance projects, initiatives, and stakeholders and partners.
• Develop strategies, goals, and objectives focused on quality, efficiency, and productivity.
• Administer projects including timeline development, project milestones, and project governance.
• Facilitate projects, including stakeholder participation and ownership of the project; stakeholders and project owners may often include senior leadership-level individuals.
• Develop/facilitate stakeholder meetings to support the strategic goals and objectives of the UW Medicine Compliance program, and identify issues, track, assess risk and escalate as needed.
• Communicate project updates to project team and executive leaders.
• Facilitates change management in consultation with the UW Medicine executive team, project owners, and various enterprise-wide stakeholders.
• Serve as lead project manager for enterprise-wide, cross-institutional projects.
• Research, create and maintain project management and communication tools related to project planning and project status through the use of meetings, webinars, dashboards, and SharePoint sites. Use to tools to communicate with all levels within the organization, including those with limited IT/LMS knowledge.
• Assist with UW Medicine Compliance executive team special projects as assigned. Independently document user request(s) and requirements, and bring findings and recommendations to UW Medicine Compliance leadership
• Develop and maintain a detailed workplan to include projects, initiatives, and tasks; utilizing tools and analyzing data in order to generate status reports and task reminders; monitor timelines as needed; manage associated documentation; report on resource viability; and make recommendation to project mitigation as needed.
• This position exercises independent judgment and self-direction in the responsibilities called for in a constantly changing environment.
• Create and provide training sessions to the department to help them understand and effectively use new tools and information.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of highly confidential and restricted information and UW Medicine Compliance strategic plans and initiatives, risk information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary confidential/protected information and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
Education & Training Assignment and eLearning Management
• Provides oversight for managing the day-to-day operations of LMS for UW Medicine Compliance, eLearning library and web sites.
• Develop the visual layout of the eLearning user interface (UI), including the themes, messaging, testing, aesthetics, artwork, information, presentation, interaction design, and publishing to enhance training’s value.
• Evaluate and research new technologies and emerging training issues, maintain knowledge of industry trends and educational resources and uses working knowledge to select instructional techniques and tools.
• Facilitates eLearning Best Practices documentation, and groups as needed, in developing enterprise-based best practices and guidelines.
• Create, administer, analyze, and report on end-user progress; recommend and integrate training improvement strategies based on findings from help desk issues and evaluations.
• Identifies strategies for management of content, and provides leadership and guidance surrounding new technologies and standards.
• Create effective assessments for each training session that are aligned with training objectives and successfully measure outcome of training. Support development of LMS configuration specifications for entity specific and enterprise-wide compliance education and training initiatives.
• Audit to ensure education/training initiative audience mapping is accurate in the LMS.
• Manage documentation of audience assignment for each course, ensuring accuracy.
• Prepare education and training audit reports to identify gaps and non-completions for follow up with learners and managers.
• Obtain client report requirements, develop report specifications and enter SDM ticket to LMS IT team for report creation.
• Research regulatory and policy requirements to manage learner registration in the LMS, ensuring course assignments are aligned with regulatory requirements for workforce type.
• Manage monthly education and training completion report creation/preparation.
This position will supervise an Information Analyst.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, public policy, law, healthcare administration, or related field.
• Five to seven years of administrative/management/compliance leadership experience in a complex organization, preferably in a healthcare and/or medical school setting.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your “My Jobs” page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open to UW Employees only
If you are a UW employee and would like to be considered for this position, please login to your UW employee profile to apply
Keywords: Chief Executive Officer, Events Executive, Marketing Executive, Account Development Executive, Executive Personal Assistant