Job Location: The Bronx, NY
Company Name: New York Botanical Garden
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45299
The Horticulture Administrative Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Vice President for Horticulture and Living Collections and other senior Horticulture managers in all aspects of administrative work, including managing daily schedules, preparing time sheets, tracking expenditures, and managing external and internal communication. They will be responsible for coordinating the administrative work of all senior managers in the Horticulture division.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the work schedules of the Vice President for Horticulture and Living Collections, the Vice President for Glasshouses and Landscape, the Associate Vice President for Exhibitions and Public Engagement.
• Submits payments through the Garden financial system and track expenditures for the Horticulture Division.
• Manages external and internal email and telephone communication for the Horticulture Vice Presidents.
• Manages times sheets for Horticulture management staff and processes personnel action forms and personnel requisitions for all Horticulture staff.
• Orders office supplies, computers, and coordinates IT work for Horticulture management staff.
• Coordinates travel for Horticulture management.
• Prepares operations reports, meeting agendas, and visitor itineraries for special visitors.
• Other work as required.
• Two-five years of experience as an assistant to a senior manager
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication abilities, including speaking, writing, and presentation skills
• Excellent skills in the entire suite of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new programs as necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Keywords: Grower Manager (Horticultural/Agricultural ), Extension Specialist Horticulture IPM, Horticultural worker II, Groundskeeper, Commercial Horticultural/Small Acreage Area Agent