Job Location: Thonotosassa, FL
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-08-24
Valid Through: 2022-09-13
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Sign-on Bonus*
- Relocation Bonus*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining Akar Ventures is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. Akar Ventures is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: hybrid (in office Thursdays)- remote available
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed Akar Ventures Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• Akar Ventures Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Sponsored Programs Analyst II is knowledgeable in the areas of state, federal, foundation and other research grant funding mechanisms including pre-award and post-award related functions. The Sponsored Programs Analyst II collaborates with research unit stakeholders and other shared research services departments to ensure compliant, timely, effective and efficient management of all research activities under the auspices of Akar Ventures. The Sponsored Programs Analyst II interprets regulations and contract language, negotiating terms and conditions, managing aspects of contract compliance, and in making recommendations to departments and leadership
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Reads and interprets different funding opportunity announcements, including federal grant requests for proposals, in order to assist faculty and staff with inquiries in the proposal preparation and submission phase and to inform faculty and staff with changes in regulations, proposal requirements, forms, submission processes, and deadlines.
- Creates, reviews, revises, and negotiates simple and complex research-related contracts, including amendments, consistent with relevant documents, institutional policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Preparation and review of research budgets to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, sponsor/funder terms and conditions, and institutional standards. Communicates study/award status to research departments on a regular basis and as requested.
- Coordinates and participates in pre-award activities including completion of grant documents, working with departmental functional groups and subject matter experts to develop detailed budget based on principal investigator input and project needs, assembly of proposal package and submission, and preparation, review, and submission of just-in-time requests. Applies knowledge of federal regulations and policies on research compliance, i.e., human subjects, animal use, institutional policies on conflict of interest, etc., to ensure accuracy and completeness of grant proposal packages or documents submitted to sponsors.
- Coordinates and provides post-award activities including submission of technical and financial progress reports, budget revisions, forecasting results, funding trend analyses, no-cost extension requests, prior approval requests, audits, close-out, etc. to ensure adherence with award terms and conditions and institutional policies and procedures.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field OR paralegal certification
- One to two years of experience in research or contract administration preferably in an academic or medical setting
- Experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating contracts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree in legal studies, healthcare, business administration, finance, accounting, or research-related field
- More than Three (3) years of experience in research or contract administration preferably in an academic or medical setting
- Established competency in biomedical research and the regulatory environment
- Experience in reviewing, writing, editing, and negotiating research grant and contract agreements
- Experience in grant and funding related financial audit
- Certification by a professional research organization such as the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), Society of Research Administrators (SRA), National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Research Administrator's Certification Council (RACC), etc.