Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-07-16
Valid Through: 2022-08-15
Dreaming big is in our DNA. Brewing the world’s most loved beers and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. We want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
Budweiser. Bud Light. Stella Artois. Michelob ULTRA. That’s right, over 100 of America’s most loved brands, to be exact. But there’s so much more to us than our top-notch portfolio of beers, seltzers, and more. We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we’re looking for people like you to join our shared dream. We dream big to create a future with more cheers. Are you up for the Challenge?
Sustainability & Procurement is an INFLUENTIAL strategic function at the world’s leading Beer Company. We go beyond traditional cost management, delivering results by partnering across ALL business functions through leading-edge category management initiatives. Our Team challenges and develops innovative sourcing solutions negotiating the most valuable deals and a total cost of ownership approach. Through Sustainable Sourcing we are LEADING the way to our Better World Dream and our 2025 Sustainability Goals.
Purpose of the Position
In Sustainability & Procurement we are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. We are looking for ambitious, curious, and bold people that have the potential to become category leaders. A successful candidate will be passionate and have a creative mindset, relying on analytics and strategy to have an immediate impact on the business.
In this role, you will be challenged with project work owning category strategy, developing business cases, exploring innovative solutions, and leading supplier negotiations as well as category management and procurement operation responsibilities. Throughout this program, you will be exposed to a variety of business areas such as Marketing, Packaging, Raw Materials, Logistics, Indirect, and Sustainability. Members of the Sustainability & Procurement Development Program will innovative quality solutions and present to Senior Leadership.
Accountabilities may include:
- Developing sourcing strategies for category scope:
- Develop product and supplier information
- Evaluate product specifications requirements
- Analyze market trends and assess supply base
- Identify cash flow opportunities through reduced costs, payment terms, and efficiencies
- Negotiate and contract sustainable sourcing solutions
- Provide recommendations to Category Director and present results to Senior Leadership
- Category Management and Implementation
- Own and manage financial package for category scope
- Project management for supplier transitions and new supplier onboarding
- Supplier relationship management
- Develop and lead innovative initiatives:
- Perform Business Case analyses
- Collaborate with suppliers and stakeholders to develop innovative design changes
- Explore creative solutions to deliver on our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Identify supply chain efficiencies through our Value Creation platform
Past Sustainability & Procurement Development Program work assignment Examples:
- Partnering with our farmers to source a software solution to track critical data for our 2025 Sustainability Goals
- Assess innovative new financial instrument for hedging freight and develop business case
- Explore contractual assets with MLB, MLS, and affiliations to capture value opportunities with partners
Qualifications and Technical competencies required
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business, Finance/Strategy, Engineering, Supply Chain, Sustainability or relevant field.
- Passion for and in-depth understanding of global Sustainability Trends
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Collaborative mindset & effective communicator
- Advanced PC and presentation skills
- Strategic & conceptual thinking
- Capable of independently managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable navigating in ambiguous situations
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Proven ability to deliver breakthrough, high quality results
- Passionate leaders who can envision new "ways to win" and engage others
Work location to be St. Louis, Missouri – permanent remote work arrangements not applicable for this position.