Job Location: Mclean, VA
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-07-21
Valid Through: 2022-08-10
- Sunrise Leader
The Financial Analyst supports value creation across our operating and development portfolios, and supports the execution of operational initiatives to maximize returns on their assigned portfolio assets. They achieve this by understanding and supporting analysis related to both our Property Owners and Operating teams (including departments across our Community Support Office and the field), utilizing strong analytical skills and insights to identify issues and opportunities and working closely with their Manager and VP of Asset Management to execute action plans. Further, they will support underwriting of growth opportunities such as M&A transactions, investments, and development.
As a member of our Asset Management Team, this role is a high-potential individual with a desire to drive results while living our values to achieve our mission “to champion quality of life for all seniors”.
As a part of the Sunrise team, supporting our Mission, Principles of Service and Core Values is a fundamental part of this job. Our foundational belief is the sacred value of human life. Every year, team members are assigned required training that applies to their role to ensure that these standards are always met. The unique responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the essential functions listed below:
- Support CSO and Operations leadership and other departments’ analysts (including FP&A, Operations, and Development ) to share the strategy and vision for assets in their assigned portfolio
- Visit communities and share best practices across the business, with a specific focus on improving operational results
- Property Owner/Investor Relations
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with junior members of Property Owners’ Asset Management teams
- Gather data and analyze operating results, building presentations on strategic and operating plans for property owners
- Create analyses of investment opportunities such as redevelopments, unit conversions, and strategic repositioning of assets.
- Help to ensure compliance with management agreements by tracking performance tests and delivering required reporting
- Grow NOI and Property Value
- Support the budget and strategic business plan process for each community
- Identify and make recommendations of areas for operational improvement and other opportunities across the portfolio, while supporting cross-functional teams to execute initiatives and evaluating their subsequent performance
- Support organizational management to drive core corporate processes such as Strategic Plans, Rate Setting, Budgets, Forecasts, Actuals review and M&A transactions
- Proactively support priorities and analytics related to community NOI perspective:
- Analyze and make rate recommendations across the portfolio to drive RevPAR
- Provide analytical data related to labor costs to help ensure they are managed effectively, reviewing how to optimize labor expenditures and utilization
- Benchmark other costs and make recommendations to ensure effective management of margins, and identify opportunities for improvement on specific assets
- Analyze capital spending (renovations and maintenance) to maximize growth and return on investment
- Grow Sunrise Portfolio
- Assist in creating proformas for potential acquisitions of new management contracts or portfolios of assets.
- Conduct market analysis of comparable communities to determine proforma assumptions
- Help to present investment underwriting and M&A models to senior management and potential investors
- Assist in creating and monitoring acquisition strategies such as up front capex investments, labor model reductions/enhancements, and unit repricing to ensure a successful transition to Sunrise management
- Strategy - Analysis and Execution
- Analyzes and monitors key initiatives across the industry (competitors and investors), and evaluate opportunities for Sunrise, specifically presenting results to leadership
- Utilize common framework on strategy execution for various types of assets, and work with operational leadership to identify assess which strategies will be most effective for individual assets and subsequently monitor performance
- Assist in strategy presentation materials for each asset to align individual communities’ leadership with approved strategy for the community
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Strong communication skills, able to interact and support both financial and operations professions, including internal and external teams
- Ability to analyze budgets, expenditures, competition, trends, etc. for evaluating and completing a wide range of job based transactions
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple key business workstreams, including M&A transactions, planning activities, pricing, reporting, while reviewing results across the business
- Excellent project management skills in planning, coordinating, prioritizing, and solving complex problems
- Collaborative business partner with Operational, Financial, and Investment leadership across the company, and a team player who can collaborate across the organization
- Advanced analytics skills that identify specific actions to implement into our business
- Well-developed skills in building and updating complex financial models
- Expert user of excel, with exposure to PowerBI and other planning systems strongly preferred
- Travel across North America to communities is required, and DC area residents are required
- Due to the safety of our residents being our #1 priority, all Sunrise team members are required to be fully vaccinated
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or real estate required, with post-graduate degree a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of finance or asset management experience, with significant operations exposure
- Knowledge and experience in several of the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Real Estate ownership/management
- Finance and M&A
- Senior Housing
- Investor Relations
- Operations Management
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise.
At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Sunrise Senior Living was again named as one of the Best Workplaces in Aging Services™ by Fortune and certified as a Great Place to Work® by Activated Insights. This is the 5th time Sunrise has received this top culture and workplace designation, highlighting the special place Sunrise is to be a part of.
Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®