Job Location: Westborough, MA
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-07-16
Valid Through: 2022-08-15
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
At BJ’s, we are transforming our organization to deliver exceptional business results while providing greater value to our members. A key driver to our transformation is the creation of an Enterprise Analytics team that will use data and analytics to achieve a transformational and competitive advantage. The Enterprise Analytics team will acquire, consolidate, and transform data into relevant information and will be “at the table” collaborating and influencing our business leaders to drive innovation as well as strategic business decisions and outcomes.
This CEO sponsored and fully funded team is looking for strong analytical leaders who can turn insights into action. Come join our team and drive our strategic growth initiatives while serving a growing membership base focused on providing exceptional savings and value to our Members and the communities we serve.
Merchant Analytics Analyst
The Merchant Analytics Analyst will play a key role in the growth and capabilities of the newly created Merchant Analytics group -- one of the 3 strategic pillars of the Enterprise Analytics Team. We are looking for a problem-solvers who will take a data-driven approach to drive insights and action to achieve our strategic High-Level Objectives (“HLO’s”). In this highly visible role, you will collaborate with team members across the organization from Enterprise Analytics, Merchandising, Membership, Marketing, as well as the Executive Leadership team.
As a Merchant Analytics Analyst, you will be responsible for turning data into insights, insights into a plan, and the plan into value. As a member in the Merchant Analytics organization, you will partner with the merchants and other cross-functional teams to drive revenue and profit growth across all the company’s businesses; including assortment, space productivity, category sourcing and cost support, own brands, and omni channel mix support. This will be accomplished by identifying, developing, and advising the merchandising organization on sales, cost, and profit opportunities across the portfolio of SKUs and vendors through data, analytics, research, visualizations, and presentations. This role will require the Analysts to perform analyses and effectively communicate insights, including competitive benchmarking, market trends, vendor performance, member insights, and extensive product / brand analyses.
- Provide insights and recommendations optimizing the 4 Ps (product, placement, price, promotion) by analyzing performance, member insights, competitive benchmarking, and market trends
- Drive continuous profit improvements across categories by providing fact-based, data-driven guidance to merchants in selecting products, vendors, and brands
- Leverage current and future business requirements, market intelligence, consumer insights, and historical information to develop innovative category strategies that drive product cost reduction, a simplified assortment and supply base, and enables value for both the company and member base
- Use disparate internal and 3rd party data sources to bring robust category insights to internal key stakeholders
- Perform ad hoc category specific analyses on assortment, vendors, members, and competitors to support decisions and influence management
- Provide industry and category-specific knowledge and expertise
- Develop storylines and presentations to effectively communicate findings both internally and externally to vendors and key stakeholders
- Engage in cross-functional discussions and collaborate across the organization
- Work closely with key stakeholders to enhance strategies within merchandising
- Financial and business acumen to make insightful and actionable recommendations
- Background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Communication skills translating complex analyses to non-technical audiences; both verbally and in writing
- Proactive initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use
- Creativity, ability to come up with novel ideas to solve our biggest problems
- An aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex problem
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- A willingness to work fluidly and independently, with ambiguity, and adapt to changing work priorities
- Strong data manipulation skills
- Very proficient with Excel and Tableau
- Knowledgeable and experienced in statistics and / or analytics tools