Job Location: Burlington, NC
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-07-21
Valid Through: 2022-08-10
LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Quality Analyst to join our Direct Test team in Burlington NC! The Quality Assurance team provides vital support to the laboratories, senior management as well as our clients, and other LabCorp sites. The Quality Analyst will be responsible for supporting projects and activities related to quality assurance, quality improvement, quality training, and other responsibilities of the Quality Assurance department. The Quality Analyst allows the laboratory to provide quality results to our providers and patients, which increases customer satisfaction and solidifies loyalty for our company.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a Life Science
- Prior experience in toxicology or related field
- 1-year Familiar with extraction, data review and direct testing methodology
- 1-2 years of previous experience as a Medical Technologist/Technician or in a quality-related position
- Previous experience with an electronic data management system is a plus (i.e. MasterControl) General knowledge of laboratory regulations (CAP/CLIA/ISO) and licensing requirements
- Strong understanding of audit-related requirements and procedures
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/quality management best practices
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with MS Office programs
The Direct Testing department offers experience with automated and manual systems of sample preparation.
The schedule for this position will be: 1st shift, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Provide monthly and quarterly quality metric reports for clients and senior leadership using databases and crystal reports
- Assist staff with training in MasterControl, update and maintain all lab general and quality procedures, forms and associated documents
- Provide data for quality teams and support all Quality Improvement efforts Schedule and conduct regular QA audits and inspections of assigned departments and facilities and perform audit reports
- Ensure complete and accurate readiness for all inspections and maintain all necessary documents
- Participate in regulatory and accrediting agency inspections when needed
- Perform first level review of proficiency testing results
- Draft responses to regulatory complaints and inspection
- Stay current with all regulatory agency and proficiency test requirements
- Monitor the progress of implementation and subsequent use of MasterControl document management system
- Participate in monthly Quality meetings and compose minutes
- Serve as a resource on regulatory issues and compliance
- Perform administrative and clerical duties as needed
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.