Job Location: Westborough, MA
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-07-16
Valid Through: 2022-08-05
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
The responsibility of an Inventory Accounting Sr. Financial Analyst is to direct a team of two analyst and manage the annual inventory and cycle count process for all BJs clubs and distribution centers. The Inventory Accounting Sr. Financial Analyst supports the merchant function, club operations, logistics and asset protection and will work cross functionally to ensure BJs has met all their compliance requirements. It is also the responsibility of the Inventory Accounting Sr. Financial Analyst to manage the month end close process as well as work on special projects. This role is expected to participate in the broader inventory team and work cross functionally to solve problems and advise on inventory related matters.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Prepare and manage the annual physical inventories and on-going cycle count programs.
- Provide process enhancements which result in opportunities for cost savings, simplification, or enhancement of business-critical information.
- Be a point of contact to manage and resolve issues with our third-party inventory service providers.
- Work cross functionally to resolve inventory related issues encountered by Clubs and Asset Protection.
- Support the Clubs, Distribution Centers, and Asset Protection with training related to the inventory process.
- Review month-end journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Working in a team or individually on ad hoc tasks, projects, or analysis as needed to support management.
- Mentor members of the internal team to improve cross training and strengthen the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in either corporate or in-store retail preferred
- Proven leader with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of SAP preferred and data analysis tools, such as Tableau
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Highly motivated self-starter who can manage competing priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team
- Office setting
- Occasional domestic travel and overnight shifts required