Job Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Company Name: Akar Ventures
Date Posted: 2022-07-05
Valid Through: 2022-07-25
This position contributes to Akar Ventures success by delivering and supporting technology Akar Ventures Technology is the engine of Akar Ventures, enabling customer interactions and partner (employee) experiences. We process vast quantities of data, keep our backbone systems highly available, and deliver experiences that delight our diverse customers. We have driven the business forward in retail payments, mobile order and pay, workforce management at scale (hundreds of thousands of partners!).
While Akar Ventures Technology is the engine of Akar Ventures, Partner Technology focuses on the people (partners) who drive that engine. Our focus on people, process and technology is designed to reduce friction in everyday activities of our partners. Where ever the partner is on their journey - applying, onboarding, setting a schedule, clocking in to work, taking training or having development conversations - we strive to provide a data-enabled smooth experience.
As a systems analyst in Partner Technology, you will define solutions, configure application, partner with stakeholders and business units to achieve Akar Ventures vision for cohesive and comprehensive technology enabled business practices.
We are looking for people who are curious and analytical - to take a problem and break it down to the root cause, before defining a solution. The person who is successful in this role will have an ability to partner with many others - engineers, program managers, business stakeholders, executives and vendors to deliver. They will see technology as a building block which can be used to build and configure solutions to deliver business value.
In delivering new technology and enhancing/supporting existing systems,
an effective systems analyst II contributes relevant technical, functional, and process knowledge to ensure a consistent user technology experience.
Models and acts in accordance with Akar Ventures guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers, analyzes, and documents solution requirements. Facilitates user story creation and backlog grooming in an agile delivery environment.
- Utilizes LEAN techniques to develop business process designs and improve operations via process re-engineering
- Supports solution design utilizing user-centric design techniques.
- Effectively assesses improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.)
- Utilizes agile delivery methodologies and participates on scrum teams in execution of solution delivery projects.
- Considers overall user technology experience in thoughtfully designing engaging solutions.
System Configuration & Testing
- Performs application configuration (i.e. create attributes, workflows and UI changes) in support of solution delivery
- Supports data conversion. Performs the extract, load, and validation of converted data.
- Supports solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test environments, performing test execution, and
validating test results.
- Uses data queries to support validation of data conversion and test results.
- Provides 24*7 global support of critical systems.
- Drive system support, working trouble tickets and escalating to teammates according to priority and required expertise
queue, completing resolution within SLA.
- Develops system proficiency and builds subject matter expertise through root cause analysis.
- Coordinates issue resolution with vendors and/or cross-functional teams. Provides timely and thorough communication
regarding issue status/resolution with end-users and team.
- Creates and maintains systems documentation (e.g. Wiki, Knowledge Base Articles) Develops and facilitates system
- Uses query tools to write ad-hoc queries for mass data analysis and operational reports.
- Self-directed; is successful with minimal direction from more senior analysts providing escalation when necessary.
- Partners with business teams, responding quickly and thoroughly to issues and requests.
- Provides constructive input and perspective to team conversations.
- Able to lead small streams of design/work